To The Student
Be honest, steadfast, sincere, Pray for God’s grace to persevere, To know what you have done, And what you have next to do.
Tips For Quick Learning
- Take up first the subject you dislike most; once you have done this, the rest of our work will be easy.
- Do not hesitate to ask your teacher or our clever companions things you do not grasp clearly. Never leave difficulties unanswered as this will put you in greater difficulties later.
To make sure that you have understood certain things thoroughly, use these tricks.
- Pretend that you are explaining the lesson to a friend and see if you can do it well.
- Make yourself your own teacher and question yourself and answer honestly (do not cheat).
- Do not continue working when you are tired; walk around the garden, or talk to fried or have some other pleasant diversions, but only long enough to refresh your mind and not tending to waste time.
- Get enough exercise everyday. It keeps the mind fresh.
- Do not cut down necessary sleep in order to student. It will harm you later-on.
- Last, pray often to the all-wise and all-knowing God to help you make progress in your studies.
- Never omit the lesson or homework assigned; if you do, it is like missing a train that you can never catch afterwards.
- Always revise the work done in class, and make sure that you have understood everything clearly and thoroughly.
- If memory work is assigned, learn it overnight and repeat it the first things in the morning.
- Always write down in your diary the work that is assigned for the next day.
- All home work should be done neatly and the day’s work always dated. Each new homework should be done on a fresh page.
- As you grow up, make a daily time-table for yourself for your study (the different difficult subjects in order of difficulty, the most difficult one beginning first) our rest, recreation etc. In this way you will learn to be a person of regular habits, a most valuable asset in later life.
- Revise at the end of the week all that was learnt during the week.